Current East Coast Greenway Alliance Job Openings:
We are currently hiring a River Relay Program Manager to help raise the profile of the East Coast Greenway. Applications are due October 16, 2016.
Position Description: Are you a detail-oriented project manager who loves engaging with people and thrives on delivering exciting events? Do you have a track record of success and are you seeking your next big challenge? If so, we want to hear from you!
Our River Relay Program Manager will oversee programming and events that highlight both the importance of healthy watersheds and rivers and the critical access provided by the East Coast Greenway. You will work with a team engaging dozens of cities and hundreds of communities in 15 states from Maine to Florida to manage and execute all aspects of the ECGA River Relay program.
The River Relay Program Manager is a full-time, 18-month position with the possibility to extend. She/he will report to the Executive Director and the Director of Greenway Programs and will work closely with regional staff. Extensive travel and evening and weekend work required.
Location: A remote work arrangement is possible, but preference is given to candidates able to work from our headquarters office in Durham, NC.
- Serve as the ECGA point person overseeing execution of the work plan for all major elements of the River Relay including research, communications, event logistics, media relations, and collaborative partnerships with allies throughout the Eastern Seaboard.
- Ensuring successful events in all 15 ECG states and key cities that engage at least 10,000 people in walks, bike rides, runs, and river clean-ups.
- Developing relationships that result in more than 15 river stewardship partnerships from Maine to Florida.
- Actively participate in all aspects of planning, execution, and reporting leading up to, during and after completion of the River Relay.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Expert project manager with at least 3 years of professional event and project management experience.
- Deep understanding of how to utilize project management principles and tools. PMP certification is preferred.
- Track record of executing high-profile, large-scale events.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; able to work on several project deadlines simultaneously, delivering professional work on-time and on-budget.
- Passionate commitment to ECGA mission.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and tactfully with a wide range of people and personalities to establish collaborative partnerships.
- Able to engage and motivate volunteers.
- Entrepreneurial and strategic approach to work; takes initiative and applies sound judgment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Exceptional attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Well-organized, self-motivated and independent worker: understands the need to develop work plans and to prioritize work efficiently. Takes record-keeping and file management seriously.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- 10 holidays
- 10 vacation days (increases to 15 after first year of service)
- 10 sick days
- 80% of premium cost for medical for the employee and 50% toward dependents via group policy
- 50% of premium cost for dental insurance for the employee and dependents
How to apply: Interested candidates should send as a single PDF attachment, a cover letter (attn: Dennis Markatos-Soriano, Executive Director) detailing interest, preferred salary, qualifications with resume, and 3 references to email@example.com by October 16th, 2016.
The East Coast Greenway Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of race, color, creed, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin. We are committed to achieving an inclusive, diverse workplace that values every individual.