This Advocacy Toolkit provides you with the tools you need to advocate for the East Coast Greenway. If you have any questions about the items here, please contact Debbie at 919-797-0619 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ECG Advocate Maggie Warren visits her state representatives in Washington, D.C.
- ECG at a glance. This is a good overview handout that you can print and distribute. Download
- Talking points. Catchphrases, quotes, and talking points about the ECG and greenway topics in general. Download
- What does the ECGA do? A quick, to-the-point list of what the ECGA does and how it benefits local trails. Download
- ECGA Glossary. Download
- Route Selection Guidelines. A description of how the ECGA selects its route. Download
- Current Status Chart. How much of the ECG is complete in each state, how much is in development, how much is gap area, etc. Download
- Economic impact studies of greenways
- Legislative Outreach Guide. A how-to guide for reaching out to, corresponding with, and having meetings with your local, state, and national representatives. Download
- Sample Proclamation. This is an example of a state issuing a proclamation in support of the East Coast Greenway. Download
- Sample Resolution. A fill-in-the-blank version of state, town or county resolution in support of the East Coast Greenway. Download
- Sample letter of introduction. A sample of a letter introducing a representative to the East Coast Greenway. Download
- Sample Petition. Need to show public support for a local trail project? A petition may be the way to go. Download
- Sample legislation support letter. A template for writing to a local, state, or national representative in support of a bill. Download
- Media Guide. A detailed guide to working with the media, writing letters, press releases, doing interviews, and more! Download
- Press Kit Contents. A list of items to include in a folder that you can give to members of the press or to other people interested in the ECG. Download
- Press Kit Cover Letter. Include a cover letter with your press kit for maximum effect! Download
- Sample media advisory. Download
- Sample press release. Download
- Sample press release. Download
- Sample newsletter article. This is an example of an article about the ECG published in a cycling club newsletter. Feel free to use it as an example for writing your own article! Download
- Sample letter to the editor. Speak out to your community in support of local projects. Download
- Tips for hosting an event. This file gives guideline for planning, preparing for, and successfully pulling off many types of events. Download
- Tips for attending event. This includes tips on setting up displays, interacting with the public, and answering questions about the ECG. Download
- Advocacy Targets. This list describes the types of people to focus your outreach efforts on. There are people who can help get local and long-distance trails built. Download
- How you can help. This is a great handout explaining ways people can help create the Greenway. Download
- Working with adversaries. A guide to help you navigate the waters when confronted with folks opposed to your trail project. Download
- Tips for organizing successful volunteer workdays. Download
- Signage Guidelines for documents, posters, signage, kiosks, etc. View
You can view and download available photos in the Photo Gallery. If you need a higher resolution version, or need a photo that you can’t find in the gallery, please contact us.
Many materials that are excellent for distributing at events, such as brochures and stickers, are available from the ECGA office. Please contact 919-797-0619 or email@example.com to order materials.
here goes the video