District of Columbia Committee for the East Coast Greenway
The DC Committee for the ECG consists of volunteers who coordinate route selection and undertake our advocacy efforts to move the Greenway ahead locally. By building support and partnerships with citizens, public agencies, and organizations, the District of Columbia Committee is helping to get the ECG on the ground in our nation’s capital.
The DC Committee currently has two primary goals:
- Post signage along the entire route through the District
- Continue working to complete Metropolitan Branch Trail
Funding from the ECGA Washginton DC Committee Chair Bob Patten (second from left, front) joins in the announcement of funding for the Metropolitan Branch Trail.
- DC Blueprint for Action
- DC Benchmark Assessment
- Trail Builder’s Toolbox– ECG trail building, routing, signing, and designation materials
- Advocacy Toolkit – ECG advocacy, communications, and graphics guides and materials
The DC Committee consists of volunteers who dedicate their time and resources to advocate for the creation of local trails. Please help the Committee create the ECG in DC by volunteering your time, becoming a member, or sponsoring a mile of trail.
Recent accomplishments in DC include:
- The National Park Service placed ECG trail markers on the National Mall
- Phase II of the Metropolitan Branch Trail is in the design phase
The DC Committee currently needs volunteers to:
- Participate on the committee for the Met Branch Trail
- Promote the ECG at public events
Sponsor a Mile of the ECG in DC
Mile sponsors will have their inscriptions posted on our website, and eventually on kiosks along the route in the District. Learn more.
Become a member of the ECGA
Your membership dues support our advocacy work in DC, and we can’t complete the trail without your help. Please join today!
DC Committee Chair