Delaware Committee for the East Coast Greenway
The Delaware Committee for the ECG consists of volunteers who coordinate route selection and undertake our advocacy efforts to move the Greenway ahead in Delaware. By building support and partnerships with citizens, public agencies and organizations at the local and state levels, the DE Committee is helping to get the ECG on the ground, mile by mile.
Christina Riverwalk in Wilmington
East Coast Greenway Winery Experience Tour in New Jersey, on Saturday-Sunday, September 19-20, is Gotham Bike Tours’ newest guided- tour offering. Two-day tour with overnight camping with hotel option. Fully accessible by public transit. Details at: http://gothambiketours.com/portfolio-item/east-coast-greenway-winery-experience-tour/#tab-id-1.
The Delaware Department of Transportation, Delaware Department of Natural Resources are working on and the state committee and ECGA staff are currently advocating for several projects within the state, including:
- A bike/ped bridge over the Christina River will be built!
- The Industrial Track Trail will be completed, connecting Wilmington the New Castle.
- The design of a safe crossing of Route 13 in New Castle is underway.
- Closing the remaining obstruction on the Northern Delaware Greenway in Wilmington.
- Trail Builder’s Toolbox – ECG trail building, routing, signing, and designation materials
- Advocacy Toolkit – ECG advocacy, communications, and graphics guides and materials
The Delaware Committee consists entirely of volunteers who dedicate their time and resources to advocate for the creation of local trails. Please help the Committee create the ECG in Delaware by volunteering your time, becoming a member, or sponsoring a mile of trail.
The DE Committee has accomplished much, including:
- Designated the first trails in the state
- Beginning discussions with area stakeholders about building a bridge over the Christina River and creating a path through the Peterson Wildlife Refuge
- Making progress towards completing the New Castle Rail Trail
- Developing the PA/DE ECG Traveler’s Guide
- Reached agreements with DelDOT and DNREC to sign the ECG route through the state
The Hall Trail in Newark, DE.
The Delaware Committee currently needs volunteers to:
- Write letters of support about the East Coast Greenway and local trails to public officials
- Help seek funding for a bridge crossing of the Christina River
- Write letters to ensure New Castle Rail Corridor is preserved
- Represent the ECG at public events
- Travel the route through DE and report issues or concerns
Sponsor a Mile of the ECG in Delaware
Mile sponsors will have their inscriptions posted on our website, and eventually on kiosks along the route in Delaware. Learn more.
Become a member of the ECGA
Your membership dues support our advocacy work in Delaware, and we can’t complete the trail without your help. Please join today!
Delaware Committee Chair
ECGA Mid Atlantic Trail Coordinator
Andy Hamilton firstname.lastname@example.org 267-236-3407