Maine Committee for the East Coast Greenway
The Maine Committee for the ECG consists of volunteers who coordinate route selection and undertake our advocacy efforts to move the Greenway ahead in Maine. By building support and partnerships with citizens, public agencies and organizations at the local and state levels, the ME Committee is helping to get the ECG on the ground, mile by mile.
Some of the projects the Maine Committee is currently working on include:
- Sign the entire route through Maine with ECG trail markers
- Open completed section(s) of the 87-mile Down East Sunrise Trail
- Update the ECG user guide for Maine
- Maine Blueprint for Action
- Maine Benchmark Assessment
- Trail Builder’s Toolbox – ECG trail building, routing, signing, and designation materials
- Advocacy Toolkit – ECG advocacy, communications, and graphics guides and materials
- Completion of Old Orchard Beach section of the Eastern Trail
- ECG route signed through City of Brunswick
- Work begun on the Down East Sunrise Trail
- Travel the route and field-proof our cue sheets
- Advocate for the ECG at public events
The ME Committee consists of volunteers who dedicate their time and resources to advocate for the creation of local trails in Maine. Please help the Committee create the ECG by volunteering your time, becoming a member, or sponsoring a mile of trail.
Recent accomplishments in Maine include:
An ECG informational and Mile Sponsor kiosk on the Androscoggin River Bicycle Path in Brunswick.
The ME Committee currently needs volunteers to:
Sponsor a Mile of the ECG in Maine
Mile sponsors will have their inscriptions permanently posted in a kiosk along the route in Maine. Learn more
Become a member of the ECGA
Your membership dues support our advocacy work in Maine. Please join today!
Sue Ellen Bordwell
Co-Chair for Southern Maine
ECGA Trail Coordinator