Pennsylvania Committee for the East Coast Greenway
The Pennsylvania Committee for the ECG consists of volunteers who coordinate route selection and undertake our advocacy efforts to move the Greenway ahead in Pennsylvania. By building support and partnerships with citizens, public agencies, and organizations at the local and state levels, the PA Committee is helping to get the ECG on the ground, mile by mile.
- East Coast Greenway Winery Experience Tour in New Jersey, on Saturday-Sunday, September 19-20, is Gotham Bike Tours’ newest guided- tour offering. Two-day tour with overnight camping with hotel option. Fully accessible by public transit. Details at: http://gothambiketours.com/portfolio-item/east-coast-greenway-winery-experience-tour/#tab-id-1.
- East Coast Greenway trail markers will be installed along the entire route in PA in 2015.
- To post at least one, preferably two, ECG informational kiosks in the state
- Pennsylvania Blueprint for Action
- Pennsylvania Benchmark Assessment
- Trail Builder’s Toolbox– ECG trail building, routing, signing, and designation materials
- Advocacy Toolkit – ECG advocacy, communications, and graphics guides and materials
The PA Committee consists entirely of volunteers who dedicate their time and resources to advocate for the creation of trails in Pennsylvania. Please help the Committee create the ECG in PA by volunteering your time, becoming a member, or sponsoring a mile of trail.
The Pennsylvania has had many accomplishments recently, including:
- Getting the ECG reinstated in plans for Marcus Hook transportation enhancement projects
- Holding a meeting in Bucks County, bringing all county stakeholders together to discuss ways to solve gaps in the route
- Developing an alternate route in Philadelphia and South Philadelphia, which brings travelers by the Philadelphia Art Museum, Schuykill River Path, Bartram’s Garden, Cobb’s Creek Pathway, and the Heinz Refuge.
- Working with the Pennsylvania Environmental Council, which continues to elevate awareness of the East Coast Greenway throughout the state. One of the KEY pieces they are working on is Spring Garden Street, another is Bensalem, and another is Chester City.
- USDOT Safer People, Safer Streets, program will be evaluating Spring Garden Street. The USDOT picks one street to evaluate per state, this is great news!
The Pennsylvania Committee currently needs volunteers to:
- Represent the ECG at events throughout the state
- Travel our route and offer feedback
- Help maintain trails
Sponsor a Mile of the ECG in Pennsylvania
Mile sponsors will have their inscriptions posted on our website, and eventually on kiosks along the route in Pennsylvania. Learn more Become a member of the ECGA
Your membership dues support our advocacy work in Pennsylvania, and we can’t complete the trail without your help. Please join today!
Andy Hamilton, Pennsylvania Committee Co-Chair
Chris Linn, Pennsylvania Committee Co-Chair