Pennsylvania Committee for the East Coast Greenway
The Pennsylvania Committee for the ECG consists of volunteers who coordinate route selection and undertake our advocacy efforts to move the Greenway ahead in Pennsylvania. By building support and partnerships with citizens, public agencies, and organizations at the local and state levels, the PA Committee is helping to get the ECG on the ground, mile by mile.
- East Coast Greenway Winery Experience Tour in New Jersey, on Saturday-Sunday, September 19-20, is Gotham Bike Tours’ newest guided- tour offering. Two-day tour with overnight camping with hotel option. Fully accessible by public transit. Details at: http://gothambiketours.com/portfolio-item/east-coast-greenway-winery-experience-tour/#tab-id-1.
- East Coast Greenway trail markers have been installed throughout the state.
- Held a meeting on May 1st that was a national meeting for the East Coast Greenway Alliance.
- Pennsylvania Blueprint for Action
- Pennsylvania Benchmark Assessment
- Trail Builder’s Toolbox– ECG trail building, routing, signing, and designation materials
- Advocacy Toolkit – ECG advocacy, communications, and graphics guides and materials
The PA Committee consists entirely of volunteers who dedicate their time and resources to advocate for the creation of trails in Pennsylvania. Please help the Committee create the ECG in PA by volunteering your time, becoming a member, or sponsoring a mile of trail.
The Pennsylvania has had many accomplishments recently, including:
- Getting the ECG reinstated in plans for Marcus Hook transportation enhancement projects which should be in construction in 2015.
- Developing an alternate route in Philadelphia and South Philadelphia, which brings travelers by the Philadelphia Art Museum, Schuykill River Path, Bartram’s Garden, Cobb’s Creek Pathway, and the Heinz Refuge.
- Working with the Pennsylvania Environmental Council, which continues to elevate awareness of the East Coast Greenway throughout the state. One of the KEY pieces they are working on is Spring Garden Street, others include Bristol Township, Bensalem, and Chester City.
- USDOT Safer People, Safer Streets, program have evaluated Spring Garden Street during the May 1st national summit. The USDOT picks one street to evaluate per state, we await the outcome of their report.
The Pennsylvania Committee currently needs volunteers to:
- Represent the ECG at events throughout the state
- Travel our route and offer feedback
- Help maintain trails
Sponsor a Mile of the ECG in Pennsylvania
Mile sponsors will have their inscriptions posted on our website, and eventually on kiosks along the route in Pennsylvania. Learn more Become a member of the ECGA
Your membership dues support our advocacy work in Pennsylvania, and we can’t complete the trail without your help. Please join today!
Shawn Megill-Legendre, email@example.com Pennsylvania Committee Co-Chair
Chris Linn, Pennsylvania Committee Co-Chair