Pennsylvania Committee for the East Coast Greenway
The Pennsylvania Committee for the ECG consists of volunteers who coordinate route selection and undertake our advocacy efforts to move the Greenway ahead in Pennsylvania. By building support and partnerships with citizens, public agencies, and organizations at the local and state levels, the PA Committee is helping to get the ECG on the ground, mile by mile.
Designation ceremony for the Schuylkill River Trail, Philadelphia, PA. Photo: Dennis Winters.
- Meeting May 29, 10:30 a.m. at the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission
- The first Pennsylvania East Coast Greenway Summit, held on May 8, 2009 in partnership with the Pennsylvania Environmental Council was a big success! Many thanks to all involved: the Pennsylvania Environmental Council, the William PennFoundation, the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.
- Listen to ECG Regional Trail Coordinator, Mike Oliva, talk about the Greenway
- To post East Coast Greenway trail markers throughout the entire route in PA
- To close the gaps and find ways around route obstructions in Bucks County
- To post at least one, preferably two, ECG informational kiosks in the state
- Pennsylvania Blueprint for Action
- Pennsylvania Benchmark Assessment
- Trail Builder’s Toolbox– ECG trail building, routing, signing, and designation materials
- Advocacy Toolkit – ECG advocacy, communications, and graphics guides and materials
The PA Committee consists entirely of volunteers who dedicate their time and resources to advocate for the creation of trails in Pennsylvania. Please help the Committee create the ECG in PA by volunteering your time, becoming a member, or sponsoring a mile of trail.
The Pennsylvania has had many accomplishments recently, including:
- Getting the ECG reinstated in plans for Marcus Hook transportation enhancement projects
- Holding a meeting in Bucks County, bringing all county stakeholders together to discuss ways to solve gaps in the route
- Developing an alternate route in Philadelphia and South Philadelphia, which brings travelers by the Philadelphia Art Museum, Schuykill River Path, Bartram’s Garden, Cobb’s Creek Pathway, and the Heinz Refuge.
- Working with the Pennsylvania Environmental Council, who is conducting a study to develop the ECG route in center city Philadelphia. The route will connect the Delaware and Schuylkill Rivers.
Former ECG PA Committee Chair Dennis Winters leads a tour of the ECG through PA, starting on the Calhoun Street Bridge.
The Pennsylvania Committee currently needs volunteers to:
- Represent the ECG at events throughout the state
- Travel our route and offer feedback
- Help maintain trails
Sponsor a Mile of the ECG in Pennsylvania
Mile sponsors will have their inscriptions posted on our website, and eventually on kiosks along the route in Pennsylvania. Learn more Become a member of the ECGA
Your membership dues support our advocacy work in Pennsylvania, and we can’t complete the trail without your help. Please join today!
Andy Hamilton, Pennsylvania Committee Co-Chair
Chris Linn, Pennsylvania Committee Co-Chair