Rhode Island Committee for the East Coast Greenway
The Rhode Island Committee for the ECG is a sub-committee of the Rhode Island Bicycle Coalition (RIBike). RIBike and the Rhode Island Committee consist of volunteers who coordinate route selection and undertake our advocacy efforts to move the Greenway ahead in the state. By building support and partnerships with citizens, public agencies, and organizations at the local and state levels, the RI Committee is helping to get the ECG on the ground, mile by mile.
Rhode Island Representative Langevin meets with ECG advocates in Washington, DC.
For the latest happenings, visit the Rhode Island Bicycle Coalition website
Some of the current goals in RI include:
- Installing ECG on-road route signs on city streets in Providence
- Installing ECG on-road route signs on state roads in Coventry and Woonsocket
- Advocating for trail construction in Providence, Coventry, and Woonsocket
Opening of a new section of the Blackstone River Bikeway in RI. Photo: RIDOT
- Rhode Island Blueprint for Action
- Rhode Island Benchmark Assessment
- Trail Builder’s Toolbox – ECG trail building, routing, signing, and designation materials
- Advocacy Toolkit – ECG advocacy, communications, and graphics guides and materials
The Rhode Island Committee consists entirely of volunteers who dedicated their time and resources to advocate for the creation of local trails. Please help the Committee create the ECG in Rhode Island by volunteering your time, becoming a member, or sponsoring a mile of trail.
Recent accomplishments in Rhode Island include:
- Construction of more of the Blackstone River Bikeway in Lincoln and Woonsocket
- Approval of bike lane striping for part of the on-road ECG in Providence
The RI Committee is currently seeking volunteers to:
- Join the state committee
- Help develop and lead events promoting the ECG
Sponsor a Mile of the ECG in Rhode Island
Mile sponsors will have their inscriptions permanently posted on our website and in a kiosk on the Coventry Greenway. Learn more.
Become a member of the ECGA
Your membership dues support our advocacy work in Rhode Island. Please join today!
Rhode Island Committee Chair
ECGA Trail Coordinator