Virginia Committee for the East Coast Greenway
The Virginia Bicycling Federation (VBF) Long Distance Routes Committee consists of volunteers who coordinate route selection and undertake advocacy efforts to move the East Coast Greenway ahead in Virginia. The Committee also supports similar efforts for US Bike Routes and intrastate routes. By building support and partnerships with citizens, public agencies and organizations at the local and state levels, the VA Committee is helping to get the ECG on the ground, mile by mile.
- Coordinating ECG efforts on a regional basis through Virginia Planning Districts
- Trail Builder’s Toolbox – ECG trail building, routing, signing, and designation materials
- Advocacy Toolkit – ECG advocacy, communications, and graphics guides and materials
The Virgina Committee consists of volunteers who dedicated their time and resources to advocate for the creation of trails throughout the state. Please help the Committee create the ECG in Virginia by volunteering your time, becoming a member or sponsoring a mile of trail.
Recent accomplishments of the VA Committee include:
- Designation of Rail Trail Park in Ashland and support for regional trail planning through Ashland south into Hanover County
- Designation of Belle Isle Trails across and along the James River in Richmond
- Completion of the ECG Trail Guide by Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation and Virginia Department of Transportation
The VA Committee currently needs volunteers to:
- Get out and travel the route and report issues
- Support ECG designation of trails completed or underway in Suffolk and Colonial Heights
Sponsor a Mile of the ECG in Virginia
Mile sponsors will have their inscriptions posted on our website, and eventually posted in a kiosk along the route in Virginia. Learn more
Become a member of the ECGA
Your membership dues support our advocacy work in Virginia. Please join today and help create this American legacy!
President, Virginia Bicycle Federation
Long Distance Routes Committee Chair
VA Committee Chair for ECG
South Atlantic Coordinator, ECG