- ECGA Trail Signage Manual we are currently updating this manual. It will be made available when updates are complete. Contact the ECGA with any questions.
- ECGA Policy on temporary indicators
- ECG Signage Options. this file shows images and sizes for all signage options.
- Signage mechanicals:
- Trail Signage Installation Inventory Form .
- Signage order form (for agencies that agree to purchase signage): PDF
- Signage request form (for agencies that cannot afford to purchase signage): PDF
- Ad for the post-and-beam ECG kiosk kit
- Kiosk installation instructions
- Plans to build a kiosk in-house
ECG Kiosk in Brunswick, ME.
East Coast Greenway and East Coast Greenway Alliance logos may be used with permission from ECGA. To download a graphic, right click on a PC or control-click on a Mac. All logos are JPG versions. If you need an EPS version, please request this when seeking ECGA permission for logo use.
|MaineNew HampshireMassachusetts||DelawareMarylandWashington DC|
You can view and download available photos in the Photo Gallery . There are many photos available of signage, bridges, and different types of trails. If you need a higher resolution version, or need help locating a specific type of photo, please contact us.
Trail construction is usually organized by local or state agencies or volunteers. Here, a boardwalk and road connections are being built on the White Oak Creek Greenway in Cary, NC.
ECG Trail Development Resources
- Route Selection Guidelines
- Memo regarding spine route selection (2004)
- Pilot Trail Designation Criteria and Procedure (1996)
- Refinements to ECG Trail Vision (1999, 2000, 2003)
- Interim On-Road Route Relocation Guidelines & Procedures
ECG Trail Designation Resources
- Trail Designation Application
- Sample Designation Application
- Trail Inspection Report Form
- Sample Inspection Report
- Sample request for endorsement
- Sample letter of endorsement
ECGA Chamber of Commerce
The ECGA Chamber of Commerce has listings of many trail development services that may be of use to trail builders. Visit the Chamber to learn more.
- The Trails and GreenwaysYahoo Group is a great place to post questions to the trail development community
- Rails to Trails Conservancy has a library and an excellent Trail-Building Toolbox as well!
- American Trails has an information-rich resource library with a lot of information on trail building
- Bicyclinginfo.org – lots of resources, including engineering and construction-related material.
- AASHTO’s Guide for the Development of Bicycle Facilities, Third Edition
These include studies on economic impact, crime, and more.
- Economic impact studies on the ECG website (will take you to another section)
- More studies are available at: www.brucefreemanrailtrail.org/trail_plans/rail_trail_studies.html
We are collecting data and information on bridges along the ECG and other trails. We will post these soon!
This Toolkit is designed for people involved in planning, designing, building, and managing the trails that comprise the East Coast Greenway. The Toolkit provides an array of materials to help you in your work, including documents specific to the East Coast Greenway and resources about trail development in general. Our goal is keep this Toolbox current and comprehensive. If you have a recommendation for a resource to add to this Toolbox, please let us know at: email@example.com.