As the springtime weather warms, excitement is heating up for the East Coast Greenway Alliance’s inaugural New York City-to-Philadelphia Greenway Ride, August 28-29. Planning continues for what promises to be an exciting event, and registration numbers are rising for the 2-day, 125-mile ride.
Below are 10 reasons - from New York City’s fabulous cheesecake to Philly’s famous cheesesteaks - you will not want to miss this epic event:
1. Cheesecake. Fuel up for the ride by enjoying a piece (or two) of New York City’s famous cheesecake! TimeOut has you covered with a rundown of the best slices in the Big Apple.
2. Explore the iconic East Coast Greenway. Connecting the two major American cities via scenic Garden State greenways, the NYC-to-PHL Greenway Ride route is highlighted by a number of noteworthy trail segments. Watch the video below for a glimpse:
3. Enjoy a fully supported ride. Our ride production partners at Global Impact Productions will take care of all ride-day logistics - just show up ready to ride! An amazing volunteer crew will staff several oasis stops on both days stocked with drinks, snacks and more. Cyclists will be supported by escorts in busier sections, police vehicles at major intersections and SAG services. Click for more on volunteer opportunities.
4. Support a great cause. Proceeds from the 2-day, 125-mile fundraising ride will benefit the nonprofit East Coast Greenway Alliance. In particular, your fundraising will help accelerate the development of the route in New York City, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nervous about fundraising? Our expert team is here to help.
5. Sweet swag. From an awesome event T-shirt to stellar fundraising prizes like jerseys (pictured below), cycling caps and socks from Primal Wear, NYC-to-PHL riders will ride in style.
6. Join a community. Our inaugural ride is 300-plus riders strong and growing - we anticipate selling out in the weeks ahead! Ahead of the ride, connect with fellow participants, share your training tips, photos and more via our Facebook Group and Strava Club.
7. A ride option for all. With three ride options available - standard, premium and virtual - the NYC-to-PHL Greenway Ride has something for everyone. Premium registrants will have their hotel stay covered in Princeton, as well as other perks, while virtual riders can complete their 125 miles on their own or in small groups from anywhere. Register today!
8. An e-bike friendly event. The New York City-to-Philadelphia Greenway Ride is one of the few e-bike friendly events around. Class 1 and class 2 electric bikes are permitted with a recommended speed limit of 15 mph. Most importantly, we ask that all e-bike riders be respectful of others while riding. Click for more ride FAQs.
9. A memory-making experience. We’re all ready for a return to in-person events in the months ahead. What better way to celebrate the end of summer than with a ride through the most popular park in America, the East Coast Greenway! Trails and greenways have been “havens of health” throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, and their importance has never been more evident. Your participation in this ride is an investment in the future of equitable, active transportation.
We'll send monthly updates on East Coast Greenway progress and people.
Your support helps to develop this ambitious, 3,000-mile route, Canada to Key West. Your membership gift builds more protected miles that we can all enjoy, today and for generations to come.